Chord Composer DAW Setup Guide:
In this section, we show you how you can set up the Chord Composer within your Digital Audio Workstation.
Ableton Live 9 Setup
Create a new MIDI track and add an instance of Chord Composer
Create a second MIDI track and add an instrument you want to generate chords through.
On the Operator track select ‘1 – Chord Composer’ from the Input drop-down menu
On the same track change ‘PostFX’ to Chord Composer and arm the tracks input.
Reopen the Chord Composer, generate some chords and press play.
Bitwig 2 Setup
Create two instruments tracks, one for the Chord Composer, and one for the instrument you want to generate chords for.
On the Chord Composer track, click on the output menu and go: Notes to tracks > Tracks > "Your Instrument's Name"
On the second instrument track navigate to the input menu and go: Tracks > Chord Composer > Chord Composer
Chord Compooser should now trigger the Polysynth. It’s not necessary to record enable either track for this to work.
Cubase 9.5 Setup
In an empty project create 2 Instrument Tracks
On the 2nd Instrument track add an available VST synth and set it’s input to ‘Chord Composer -MIDIOut’
On both Instrument tracks enable input monitoring (yellow speaker icon)
FL Studio Setup
- Add a new instance of Chord Composer to your arrangement, and then go to the VST Wrapper settings, and change the MIDI Output Port Number to any channel of your choice (we have set it to 3).
- Add a new instance of Chord Composer to your arrangement, and then go to the VST Wrapper settings, and change the MIDI Input Port Number to the same channel you set the Output for the Chord Composer.
- And that's it! You're ready to start outputting Chords to your VST Instrument.
Logic Pro X Setup
• Create a new Instrument track and select an instrument to play chords through.
• In the MIDI FX drop-down menu on the same track, select Chord Composer
• Generate some chords in Chord Composer and press play. It’s as simple
Reaper 5 Setup
Create a single track in REAPER
• Add an instance of Chord Composer to the track
• Add an instance of any soft synth on the same track (after Chord
• Generate chords in Chord Composer and hit play. Its as simple as that.
Studio One 3+ Setup
• Create a new Instrument track and add an instance of Chord Composer
• Create a second Instrument track and add any software synth.
• On the Instrument track select Chord Composer as its input and click its blue
Select the MIDI Monitor track, ensure chords have been generated and press
Waveform 9 Setup
Create a track in Waveform
Add an instance of Chord Composer to the track
Add an instance of any Synth Instrument on the same track (after Chord Composer)
Generate chords in Chord Composer and hit play. Its as simple as that.
DISCLAIMER: DAW Testing History
Version 1.0.0: *as of 16/10/2018:
Studio One 3/4, Ableton 9/10, Logic Pro X, Cubase 9.5, Reaper, FL Studio 20 (new), Bitwig Studio, Waveform 8/9.
Version 0.4.0 : *as of 19/09/2018:
Studio One 3/4, Ableton 9/10, Logic Pro X, Cubase 9.5, Reaper, Bitwig Studio, Waveform 8/9.
If you are experiencing issues, please log a ticket with our support team, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.